Tax Guru – Ker$tetter Letter

Helping real people win the tax game.

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 684 other followers
  • Blog Stats

    • 312,549 hits
  • Posts By Day

    June 2013
    M T W T F S S
  • Subscribe

  • Special Pages

Laughing at the IRS…

Posted by taxguru on June 11, 2013

From Jay Leno:

President Obama clarified the situation today. He said no one is listening to your phone calls. He said it’s not what the program is all about. You know, like the IRS targeting certain political groups. That’s not what it’s about.


The IRS has taken some heat for reportedly spending $4 million on a conference in Anaheim last year, where employees took dancing lessons. One of the dances they learned? Tap dancing around the issues.


If Obama wants to put this snooping thing to good use, how about spying on the IRS the next time they throw a $4 million party? Why don’t you do that?


From Argus Hamilton:

New York slapped a warning label on sugary fruit and energy drinks Friday. They’re trying to make it criminal to be overweight. It’s only a matter of time before the U.S. Senate hears testimony that the IRS has been pressing Weight Watchers groups for names. 


 The IRS admitted spending four million dollars at an Anaheim conference that included suites, spa and luxury dining. They said they don’t know the exact amount because they did not keep the receipts. That excuse didn’t save Al Capone and it’s not going to save the IRS. 


 Olympic star Lindsay Vonn was forced to give a urine sample to a World Anti-Doping Agency agent during a fashion awards dinner she was attending in New York Tuesday. It’s galling. The IRS just called the World Anti-Doping Agency and asked if they do Republicans.


Florida retiree Gloria MacKenzie was identified Friday as the holder of the winning ticket in last week’s Powerball Lottery, giving her the jackpot of five hundred and ninety million dollars. She is is eighty-four years old. For crying out loud, she’s set for life.


House Democrat Elijah Cummings ripped the administration over IRS misconduct Friday. Other Democrats slammed the White House for allowing the NSA to listen to all phone calls. Even CNN admitted that President Bush’s fourth term is not going very well.


From Fred Thompson:

Lois Lerner, the IRS Director of Exempt Organizations, signed letters that were sent to targeted groups asking them to turn over an extensive amount of information to the IRS. Bad news, Lois – the 5th Amendment doesn’t apply to signatures.


A new report shows that prison inmates in New Jersey have picked up $23 million in government benefit payments. Huh. I thought criminals had to get elected before getting government paychecks. 


Sick of government interference, one doctor in Maine has completely stopped taking insurance and now only accepts cash. Like they used to say in the 60s: suppose they gave a mandate and nobody came? 


A recent CNN poll revealed that 54% of Americans still do not support Obamacare. In other news, 54% of Americans are expected to receive IRS audits this year.


A new poll shows that 76% of Americans want a Special Prosecutor to investigate the IRS Scandal. The other 24% said they’d settle for a guy with a cattle prod who hasn’t had his morning coffee yet. 


Even the New York Times is starting to question President Obama’s travel expenses in this era of belt-tightening. Guess it’s easier than asking “what did he know, and when did he know it?” 


Twelve of Egypt’s best-known bloggers and activists are headed to trial for insulting that nation’s President. Seems excessive, but at least they didn’t get audited first.


Even John Stewart can’t help laughing at BHO’s over-use of the lie that he learns about all of his Regime’s scandals from the normal news media reports. 



Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: